a close up of a person wearing a costume: Vancouver police have arrested two men in connection with a home invasion on Sunday which resulted in the death of an elderly woman.

© Ben Nelms/CBC
Vancouver police have arrested two males in relationship with a house invasion on Sunday which resulted in the dying of an aged lady.

An aged girl who was attacked in a property invasion early Sunday has now died, in accordance to law enforcement, whilst two men have been arrested in connection with her death.

Usha Singh, 78, was uncovered critically hurt inside her property around the west side of Queen Elizabeth Park on Sunday. It really is thought two gentlemen posed as law enforcement officers to get into her home, then attacked her.

Singh was identified in the residence with lifestyle-threatening injuries hours later on, just after a involved pal identified as police to have them check on her.


Load Error

She was taken to healthcare facility, but died on Tuesday.

“This really was a tragic and senseless act … it should not have occurred,” Vancouver police Sgt. Steve Addison stated Wednesday.

Suspects arrested in East Vancouver

Two adult males were being arrested the same working day Singh died, according to police.

A statement reported a single gentleman, 47, was arrested around Strathcona Park. The person was very seriously wounded during the arrest, which included a police pet dog, and was hospitalized in advance of staying taken to jail.

Police explained Wednesday the man lives in a tent in the East Vancouver park. Police attained a warrant and searched it for any evidence.

He was formerly desired Canada-huge for unrelated offences.

A next person, 41, was arrested afterwards Tuesday various blocks away, near Key Road and Terminal Avenue. Police mentioned he lives around the intersection in a trailer, which was also searched.

Singh’s dying is now remaining dealt with as a homicide.

Police would not converse to a achievable motive in the assault or say regardless of whether Singh may well have been targeted, citing the ongoing investigation.

“I would appreciate to be ready to answer all those concerns … [but] I’m not heading to say nearly anything that could jeopardize the consequence of this investigation. It is really just significantly also severe and much far too significant,” Addison explained.

Neither man’s title has been released as no charges have been laid.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the law enforcement department’s Major Criminal offense Portion at 604-717-2500 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.