MACON, Ga. — Keep Macon-Bibb Beautiful kicked off another week of their Clean Streets Matter initiative. The project has cleaned up 40 illegal dumps and removed 303,736 pounds of trash, furniture, appliances, and more from streets and neighborhoods.
“Hosting regular cleanups in your neighborhoods strengthens our sense of community and instills pride in the area we live,” says Keep Macon-Bibb Beautiful Executive Director Caroline Childs. “It also helps keep areas from getting to the point where we need to call in heavy equipment and crews from the city.”
- Napier Heights, Saturday, Jan. 30, 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Bartlett Crossing Neighborhood, Saturday, Feb. 6, Time TBD
- Vineville Historic District, Saturday, Feb. 6, Time TBD
- Pleasant Hill Neighborhood Association, Saturday, Feb. 13, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Southern Lane (Hartley Bridge), Saturday, Feb. 20, Time TBD
Cleanups being planned
- Madden Avenue Area
- Pleasant Hill, Cherokee Heights, and Vineville Neighborhood Associations
- Wesleyan Woods
- East Macon (Around Sundale/ Sparkle Ave)
- Shirley Hills
- Cavalier Drive businesses
To hold a cleanup and receive support like pickers, bags, and maybe a dumpster, people can register here through KMBB.
Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.
Send MSN Feedback
Please give an overall site rating:
Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window