CARROLL GARDENS-COBBLE HILL, NY — The coronavirus pandemic has devastated nursing homes across the U.S., with 1000’s of conditions and deaths among the people noted weekly. On the other hand, nursing property resident cases in the latest weeks have been on the decline.
The federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Solutions has been monitoring the amount of coronavirus cases and deaths in nursing homes, together with some in Carroll Gardens-Cobble Hill.
CMS reported around 15,000 nursing home resident COVID-19 cases nationwide all through the week of Jan. 18-24. Its info demonstrates recorded situations are down more than 50 p.c because the peak in mid-December.
There have been more than 611,000 coronavirus conditions between nursing residence inhabitants and 121,000 fatalities since the pandemic started, in accordance to CMS. More than a quarter of all U.S. fatalities are amid nursing property citizens.
Nursing house workers members have also been heavily afflicted by the pandemic, with 525,000 recorded staff members instances and almost 1,500 deaths.
The federal federal government has prioritized extensive-expression treatment people and personnel for the coronavirus vaccine in an effort to stem circumstances and fatalities. Much more than 3.1 million inhabitants and team in extended-expression treatment amenities have been vaccinated as of Feb. 1, according to the Centers for Illness Command and Avoidance.
Some notes on the CMS details: CMS has authority about nursing homes but not over other senior residing amenities these types of as assisted dwelling and competent nursing facilities. Only nursing households that pass the agency’s facts quality check are involved. CMS also notes that its info could differ from condition experiences, owing to unique counting approaches, and in some scenarios it omits data on conditions and deaths ahead of Could 17, when reporting turned necessary.
Underneath are the figures for nursing households in the Carroll Gardens-Cobble Hill location.
Don’t see the nursing property you’re on the lookout for? Lookup for it listed here.
Editor’s notice: This listing was routinely created employing details compiled by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Companies. The nearby nursing properties included in the list are minimal to people involved in the federal government facts. Please report any faults or other suggestions to [email protected]
COBBLE HILL Overall health Center INC
380 HENRY Avenue, BROOKLYN
- 7 days of Jan. 18-24: There have been verified COVID-19 cases and relevant deaths amongst 268 total people at this nursing house throughout the week ending Jan. 24.
- Total: Given that the onset of the pandemic, there have been 60 confirmed COVID-19 scenarios and 5 linked deaths described amid nursing property people.
- Week of Jan. 18-24: This nursing house described 1 confirmed COVID-19 scenario amid its staff associates in the 7 days ending Jan. 24.
- Over-all: There have been 31 verified cases and fatalities owing to COVID-19 reported between staff members users because the pandemic began.
THE PHOENIX REHABILITATION AND NURSING Centre
140 ST EDWARDS Avenue, BROOKLYN
- 7 days of Jan. 18-24: There have been 3 confirmed COVID-19 scenarios and 1 relevant death among the 297 full inhabitants at this nursing house all through the 7 days ending Jan. 24.
- Overall: Considering the fact that the onset of the pandemic, there have been 75 verified COVID-19 scenarios and 13 associated fatalities reported among the nursing household inhabitants.
Staff members customers
- Week of Jan. 18-24: This nursing house noted 4 confirmed COVID-19 conditions among the its workers customers in the 7 days ending Jan. 24.
- General: There have been 61 verified conditions and deaths thanks to COVID-19 described among workers associates due to the fact the pandemic started.